How did you get to where you are today? You are the sum of all the events, thoughts and feelings over our lifetime.
What is the first thing a child hears? It often hears “NO!” It reaches for a hot burner — “NO!” It wants another cookie. “NO!”
As we grow up, that is what we hear most often. In some families, the child hears how terrible bad horrible it is. Those words stick in the child’s mind, and become part of a script that the child’s lifestyle.
In fact, every event and word we experience or hear is stored in our brain! They govern our lives silently, behind the scenes. If we have heard mostly negative things growing up, we will, as an adult, think negatively. If we have heard about how sick we are, or have had more that the usual childhood maladies, then we will grow up to be sickly. If on the other hand we are praised, we will grow up thinking positively, and attracting positive things to us in our life.
I’m going to show you how to change that “script” and replace it with a positive one.
Every day you change your life. You just don’t know it. Right now, think of the word “apple.” You just changed your life. A new neural pathway was created in the brain.
The brain is made up of trillions of what are known as synapse. These are the tiny gaps between the axon (the send in part of a nerve cell) and the dendrite (the receiving part of a nerve cell). These send messages from one nerve to another. Now recall that word “apple.” You were able to retrieve that word and the associated memory that I asked you to think of it just a second ago, because a new synapse was made in the memory area of your brain that did not exist before. We call that event neuroplasticity.
Neuroplasticity is important because it enables us to learn new behaviors and create new thoughts. Thoughts that can change your life by giving you health, healthy relationships, and even prosperity.
How you ask can it do that?
In physics there exists a subspecialty known as quantum physics. I won’t go into it very deeply, except to tell you about a phenomenon that exists in it in which if you take a pair of electrons and separate them by thousands of miles and then spin one of them. Surprisingly the other one will spin also! BUT it only occurs when we observe that second electron. We engage in a process that they call collapsing the field. In short, in quantum physics, we often control the end result by our expectations.
Now, you can use these two sciences to actually heal your body, create healthy relationships, or prosperity JUST BY THINKING!
It won’t happen overnight, and there are specific ways we must learn to think about healing our bodies, creating a healthy relationship, or prosperity. This process was rediscovered in the late 1800’s by a group of deep thinkers and religious students. These thinkers formed a school of thought known as “New Thought.”
The person most credited with starting the “New Thought Movement” is Ralph Waldo Emmerson. Other early contributors were Thomas Troward, Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, and Earnest Holmes.
The process is couched in a belief that God is everything. We are a product of God’s thought. I mentioned above, that New Thought was rediscovered. That is because Jesus taught this in his teachings, as well as Buddha, Mohamud, and other great thinkers, even going back to the Greek Philosopher Plato!
Here is the process.
1. Get in a comfortable position. Hands on the arm of your chair, or in your lap, feet flat on the floor, legs uncrossed, and back straight.
2. Close your eyes and begin breathing slow and regularly.
3. Pay attention to your breathing. What does it feel like inside your nose as you inhale? What does it feel like as your lungs expand. etc.
4. You will begin to notice that as you do this, your body relaxes. It is time to begin a series of statements about what you are grateful about. List 4 9r 5 in your mind.
5. After making your statements of gratefulness, you can now state what you want to happen. Be specific. State this desire in the present tense following the words “I am.” Feel as much emotion about the statement as you possibly can. Feel as if you already had this desire. Emotion is key! The stronger the emotion, the better imprinted your brain connection will be. It’s know that the more senses and feelings that are connected to an event or though, the stronger the connection will be.
6. Then for the rest of the fifteen minutes of meditation, concentrate on God, as you know him/her. Seek to feel the oneness with the God of your concept of him/her. Notice how that feels. explore that feeling. Do you feel peace, love, happiness, contentment?
7. After fifteen minutes of meditation, seek to keep that feeling of the God of your understanding, with you the rest of the day.
8. Repeat this process for 15 minutes a day for at least 90 days. During that time you should keep that feeling of connection to the God of your understanding with you continuously. Don’t worry if you are not able to keep that feeling. Just work on staying there. Eventually, as you continue past those 90 days, you will find it easier and easier to keep the feeling. You won’t see a manifestation of your desire immediately in most cases. It takes many more than 90 days for most of us to see the results. The better we are at keeping centered on the connection with the God of our Understanding, the soon you will see the results begin to occur.
If you follow this procedure daily, you WILL change your life!